Page 19 of 305 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 3042

Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #181
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've started playing Chrono Cross because of Yasunori Mitsuda music and the good reports people gives about it.

    I've spent 5 minutes trying to get a cool third character for the beginning (I don't know if it does anything to the story); I rejected Chu-Chu, a fgt, and a fat cook, until I got this weird dancer girl. Characters look good; the only problem I have with them is that their eyes look like light bulbs.

    I kept playing now I've got Kid into my party. I named her "Kidd" because "Kid" sounds too male to me. She's probably the RPG character with the dirtiest mouth I've ever played.

    So far I'm liking the game, I've got used to the graphics, and combat system (which is good enough; the main bad thing about it is how slow combats are).

  2. #182
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    You get Kid No matter what, but Leena sucks, so don't worry about getting her. I guarantee that you won't use her anyways. I use crono/Serge, Glenn (MAKE SURE you choose not to save Kid when the time comes if you want Glenn, who's way uber cool) and Kid,

    I loved CC up until I...

    <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma">spoiler (click to view):</font><hr size="1"><div class="spoiler" id="SDC8VM"> had to play as damn Lynx </div><hr size="1"></blockquote>

    After about an hour of that crap, I decided to play FF7, 8, and 9 before coming back to CC [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  3. #183
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Really? And if I choose not to save her whenever I'm presented the choice, will she survive anyways? I wouldn't want her dead, she talks like a dirty old man but she cares for Serge and all.

    When you have to make a choice between three characters, I chose Pierre, the French guy, who sucks at fighting but looks better than the other two and is half fun. I know ppl say Guile is Magus and all, but his stand looked pathetic to me; and then there's Mr. fgt who I'll happily avoid ^_- .

    Leena rocks, I don't find a problem with her.

    I also got Chu-chu who is ok and this stabbed freak, never used him though.

  4. #184
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Kid lives no matter what, she'll join you inevitably.

  5. #185
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wiseman, i wouldnt worry about that ending. In the first play through, you can only get two endings. And you can change which one you get right at the end of the game, before the end boss. If you want me to give more details as to how to get the preferred ending (which implies giving a few more spoilers) then feel free to ask.
    Anyway, after beating the game once, you'll have the New Game+ option, and with that you can access all the other endings. You dont have to play through the whole game again to acess the other 9 endings, because... (minor spoilers to follow)

    <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma">spoiler (click to view):</font><hr size="1"><div class="spoiler" id="L7KNOZ">You can face the end boss at any time during your New Game+. What ending you get depends on how far you get through the game before deciding to beat the end boss.
    So, for example, one of the endings involves you starting a new game+, and instantly going into battle with the end boss (this ending allows you to meet all the developers of the game, including Mitsuda-san). So some wont take too much effort, and will be worth your time.</div><hr size="1"></blockquote>

    Also, if you want happy endings, the two initially available probably wont satisfy you in that respect, however, the other endings will (its no surprise that one of these does include Leena marrying Serge). [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 17, 2003 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  6. #186
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ohhh, cool! Thanks a lot for the info! [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll definitely see most/all of them.

  7. #187
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *CHRONO CROSS SPOILERS!*

    <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma">spoiler (click to view):</font><hr size="1"><div class="spoiler" id="K6TE49">
    Oh, crap, I travelled back to the home world and Leena, there's two of them.

    Guess we'll need another three-way relationship theory from yours trully ^_^ .
    </div><hr size="1"></blockquote>

  8. #188
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You'd think they'd be more surprised. Lol.
    After all, what would you do if you saw another you? Hmm...this calls for a topic i think...

  9. #189
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yup, if I had written the script, it'd have been like:

    <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma">spoiler (click to view):</font><hr size="1"><div class="spoiler" id="G91PGX">
    Home Leena: Wow another me!
    Another Leena: You took the words out of my mouth
    Home Leena: Hmm and you're hot!
    [Leenas start mouthkissing]
    Serge: Long live parallel worlds $_$
    Korcha: ?_?
    </div><hr size="1"></blockquote>

  10. #190
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The ending deppends on what you do in the whole game.

    It is, probably, the first ending you see, won't be the best.

    It may happen like in chrono trigger. when you finish the game, you have the chance to play again.

    As you can fight the final boss whenever you want, it all depends on when do you fight him...

    for example, a character in the story is trying to say... conquer the world... and, because of the story of the game, you have the chance to fight the final boss. the game then, will end there, and the ending probably will show your life while that character is ruling the world...

    or you can continue the game, fighting that character, and continuing the story.

    As a funny note, there is an ending in chrono trigger in which you see the programmers (appear Tetsuya Takahashi and Yasunori Mitsuda [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

    How to get it? easy, fight (and beat) the last enemy the first time you can...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •